Accomplished Georgia Law Firm Diligently Represents Injured Workers and Aggressively Defends Clients in Criminal Cases.
Savannah attorneys assist clients in workers’ compensation, civil and criminal litigation
Since 1989, Zipperer, Lorberbaum, Beauvais & Gotwalt in Savannah has worked to provide the best possible counsel for people who have suffered injuries on and off the job, as well as individuals and organizations charged with felony and misdemeanor crimes in violation of Georgia and federal law. Our seasoned Georgia lawyers have a combined 100 years of experience asserting clients’ rights in workers’ comp, personal injury, criminal and DUI defense, and a variety of other matters throughout the greater Savannah metropolitan area, including but not limited to, Chatham, Bryan, Effingham and Liberty counties.
DEDICATED COUNSELORS DELIVER VALUABLE LEGAL GUIDANCE
Individuals throughout the Savannah area turn to our firm to handle their difficult legal concerns because we provide:
- Respected representation — Attorneys Alex Zipperer, Ralph Lorberbaum, Steven Beauvais and Eric Gotwalt are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for their high ethical standards and professional abilities.
- Strategic guidance — We will employ our extensive knowledge of the law to carefully review the facts of your case and recommend the most advantageous solution.
- Effective advocacy — Whether your matter is best resolved in the courtroom or at the negotiating table, you can count on us to put our effective legal advocacy skills to work for you.
Our hard-working attorneys aim to help clients understand their legal options and pursue those with the highest chance of success.
Committed lawyers provide high-quality representation
We are determined to bring our extensive experience in both criminal and civil law to assisting clients in these areas:
- Criminal Defense — If you have been charged with a DUI, drug offense, sex crime or white collar matter in Georgia, you could be facing potential incarceration and significant fines if convicted. We will advise you about possible defenses and uphold your rights in court.
- Workers’ Compensation — We help individuals who have been injured on the job file for workers’ compensation benefits under a number of different laws, including claims for workers' compensation under Georgia law, as well as claims brought by maritime workers under the Longshore Act, Defense Base claims brought by defense contractors and civilian workers on overseas U.S. military bases, and Non-Appropriated Fund Act claims.
- Georgia Workers' Compensation — In Georgia, workers' who are injured on the job are entitled to receive 2/3 of their pay when they are unable to work, up to $675 per week, and they are entitled to medical treatment. We will provide the representation you need to make sure that you receive the benefits that are due.
- Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) — Shipyard and dock work is tough, dangerous labor. For this reason, longshoremen, ship-breakers and certain other marine industry employees are entitled to special coverage if they suffer a workplace injury. We have fought for the rights of the working men and women who do this work for over three decades.
- Defense Base Act (DBA) — The Defense Base Act provides workers' compensation protection to civilian employees working outside the United States on U.S. military bases or under a contract with the U.S. government for national defense and government projects. It is our privilege to represent employees who are injured while supporting the overseas missions of the United States.
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentalities Act (NAFIA) — The NAFIA extends Longshore Act benefits to civilian employees, compensated from non-appropriated funds, of the Army and Air Force Exchange Service, Navy Ship’s Stores Ashore, Navy and Marine Corps exchanges, Coast Guard exchanges, and other employees that provide morale, welfare, and recreational services to our armed forces. We are proud to represent U.S. military base employees covered by the NAFIA who work at base exchanges and other retail and recreational facilities, including child care centers, restaurants, bowling centers, golf courses, housing facilities, and laundries.
- Civil Litigation — When your on-the-job injury is related to an accident for which someone other than your Employer may have concurrent liability, our skilled and experienced attorneys will pursue recovery the party that was at fault.
For three decades, our firm has effectively represented Georgia residents undergoing a variety of legal problems in state and federal courts. We will put our century’s worth of combined experience behind reaching the best possible outcome for you.
Contact an experienced Georgia law firm for a free consultation
The Georgia law firm of Zipperer, Lorberbaum, Beauvais & Gotwalt has helped clients in criminal, work-injury and civil litigation cases since 1989. To schedule a free consultation, please call our office at 912-963-1341 or contact us online.