- 100% Criminal Defense - All Federal, State and Local Courts
Admitted to Bar:
Mr. Beauvais is the only Savannah lawyer selected by Georgia Trend Magazine's 2011 'Legal Elite' poll of lawyers as among the top 32 criminal defense lawyers in the state of Georgia.
- Naval Justice School, Newport, Rhode Island, 1987
- The Basic School, Quantico, Virginia, 1987
- United States Marine Corps, Captain
- Active Duty: April 1987 - August 1992
- Reserve Duty: 1981 - 1987 and 1992 - 1994
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Savannah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Past President 1995-1996)
- Georgia D.O.D.D. (Defense of Drinking Drivers) Network
- Savannah Bar Association
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia, 1993
- Georgia Superior and State Courts, 1993
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1994
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1994
- Navy-Marine Corps Trial and Appellate Courts, 1987
- Pennsylvania State Court 1986 (Inactive - 1994)
Biography: Steven L. Beauvais was admitted to the bar in 1986. He began his legal career as a prosecutor in the U. S. Marine Corps. Two years later, he was appointed to a position as a defense counsel and shortly thereafter, was promoted to the Chief Defense Counsel, Parris Island, South Carolina and the Eastern Recruiting Region.
In August 1992, Mr. Beauvais left active duty in the Marine Corps and began private practice at Zipperer & Lorberbaum, P.C. After entering private practice, Mr. Beauvais briefly expanded into areas other than criminal defense. Since 1995 however, Mr. Beauvais has limited his practice to criminal defense and related areas such as administrative license hearings, forfeiture, criminal appeals and habeas corpus. Mr. Beauvais practices in all federal, state and local courts.
Mr. Beauvais is heavily involved in the representation of individuals charged with driving under the influence and other serious driving offenses. He focuses on finding Non-DUI solutions to such cases through the aggressive use of pre-trial investigation, negotiation, and pre-trial motions. Since 1993, Mr. Beauvais has been a member of DODD, (Defense of Drinking Drivers, founded 1992). DODD is a network of DUI defense attorneys who are dedicated to fighting DUI cases in court.
Mr. Beauvais aggressively defends his clients rights and interests. Much of his practice involves challenging the legality of police conduct by the aggressive use of motions to suppress evidence seized by the police. Commonly litigated issues involve the legality of traffic stops, investigative detentions and searches, warrantless searches as well as authorized search warrants.